Monday, March 13, 2017

I had a cool experience this week about seeing Heavenly Father's control over the work and it increased my trust in him.


Letter to Mom...

That's so crazy!  I'll finally get to say that we are "lima magkakapatid" (5 siblings) intead of "maglilima magkakapatid" (almost or becoming 5 siblings)!!! haha. I love you Mom, thanks for all you do for me.  I don't know what will happen with my eye, it attacks a lot, but I'm ok.  I did get the journal and it is awesome!  You did great!  It was just in time too cuz when I got it I was on the last page of the big black one.

Here is another cool experience that happened this week:  We were teaching this one lady at the top of this giant tower building thing, and she was ok, but one day we oymed her neighbor, Danica.  Apparently, Danica had read the pamphlet that we left with the other girl and knew that it was true and really wanted to know more!  That's our job!  We only taught her once and then she went to church yesterday!  We are really excited about her, but it was just another cool testimony that Heavenly Father is preparing people for us to teach.

I love you mom thanks for the amazing email today, I did know that kid who died.  I'll be praying for you too.

Elder Zesiger


Letter to Coby...

ok I've got a story for you, it's defiantly your turn.  One night, we were walking and all of the sudden this super drunk guy stopped us and started yelling at us to make his wife give him a gun.  Apparently, he was a police officer, he got his license out and showed us.  But since he was so drunk, his wife had taken it and he wanted it really bad.  He kept trying to get us to help him look for it in his house, but since drunk people aren't very fast, we got out of there haha.


Letter to Dad...

I had a cool experience this week about seeing Heavenly Father's control over the work and it increased my trust in him.  We had an appointment with this guy named JR at 4pm, so we started to walk to his house and on the way, we felt prompted to talk to these girls, so we did.  One of them ended up being a less active member that was baptized in 2014 and was here in Makati for about a month visiting.  She hadn't been to church for about a year, so we shared a short message with her and left.  She ended up coming to church in our ward on Sunday.  Then we resumed our journey, about 4:30 now, and we felt like we needed to talk to another guy.  After talking for a couple minutes, he let us teach him, but it was a trap.  He was just a member of Dating Daan which is a church here that just likes to bash, so we were stuck there for a while and when we finally escaped, it was 5:30pm!  We hurried over to JR and were surprised to find him on the way, walking back home from the market carrying stuff to make dinner.  We taught him and it was an amazingly spiritual lesson and he made a lot of progress.

I thought it was cool because of the way that God set it up.  If we would have come any sooner, he would have been at the market and we would have probably just gone another day and missed the spiritual opportunity.   If we would have gone any later, he would have been eating with his family and it wouldn't have worked either.  But everything worked perfectly because Heavenly Father knows what He's doing and because He loves JR.  It was awesome.


No comments:

Post a Comment