Monday, September 4, 2017

Missions are so fun and it is amazing when you can directly see that you were guided by Heavenly Father to help someone else.

Letter to Dad...

September 3, 2017

haha that's awesome!  I love our family, you did a good job.  That is an awesome experience with Bishop too, tell him that I said hi and that I am praying for him and looking up to his example.  The future looks good, but the present is awesome haha.  I love it here and I love all of my friends here.  Yesterday for fast and testimony meeting, one of our investigators who is 13 came up and bore his testimony with me and then after, his mom did and told the whole ward that she wants to get baptized with her family.  I love it here.

I love my mission dad.  Please work on the trans am with your eye single, Caden and the jeep can wait.  I had a bad dream the other day that I got home and it was in the garage the same as I left it. haha.

I love you
Elder Zesiger

What he wants the Trans Am to look like...

Progress so far hahahahahahah! His Dad says he believes in miracles so we shall see...44 days until Elder Zesiger comes home!!




Letter to Mom...

We watched "The Other Side of Heaven" on Saturday for p day and I realized how grateful I am to be here.  I love the Philippines and I love the people here.  I had a cool experience on exchanges the other day.  I was with Elder Petersen, one of the zone leaders from Pasay, and we had a pretty ok morning.  At about 12 we were going to go back to the house to eat and studies, but as we were walking home, I felt like we should take this long detour.  I didn't know why, but we followed.  We ended up going up this alley that I've never been in before and met this family.  They were taught before one time by Elder Fawson back in 2015.

We shared about Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon and one of the girls started to cry.  Her name is Jacqueline and she is 19.  We asked her why she was crying and she said that she had a lot on her mind.  We prodded her a little more and she said that when her parents divorced, she didn't understand how a loving God could let that happen, so she stopped believing in Him.  Later, her grandma got really sick, so she stopped going to school to take care of her, even though it would really hurt her future.  Eventually, because of her sickness, the doctors gave the grandma a 50/50 chance to live.  Jacqueline prayed to Heavenly Father and said that she would believe if He would spare the life of her grandma.  He did and she survived.  She now believes in God, but she said that she did not know who He was or where to find Him.  She said that as we shared about Joseph Smith, she felt the Spirit and knew that it was true.  We gave her a Book of Mormon and we'll go back to her tomorrow morning.

Missions are so fun and it is amazing when you can directly see that you were guided by Heavenly Father to help someone else.  Geralyn told me that you are chatting now haha.  I love her and her husband Jonel and Nathan.  We just knocked on their door one night and Heavenly Father did the rest, it was hard though some of the time haha.

I love you so much mom, you are the best

Elder Zesiger

No comments:

Post a Comment