Monday, August 28, 2017

The Evangelista Family and brother JM were baptized on Saturday and it was awesome!



August 20, 2017

Letters to Dad...

That's funny about Caden  It was cool to get a picture of him and Coby.  Coby's hair is crazy!

This week was fun for us.  We taught at meetings for most of the week though, but one of them was amazing.  On Friday we had the new missionary 3 week follow up meeting and we tried something new.  All of the new missionaries came with me and Elder Fiesta and the trainers stayed with President and we had a discussion about how things are going.  They all said that things were going alright until this one Filipino said that it has been terrible for him.  He said that he and his trainer never talk to each other, they just walk, and walk, and walk and that he feels so bad.  When he gets to the apartment it is just silent and he feels like the time goes so slow.

He also said that he feels like he and his trainer have nothing in common and that he will never get along with him and that he does not know what to do.  I was able to share about my training.  How at first I didn't understand Elder Arnejo and how we fought.  When I would be in the house at night I would feel super alone too as they were always out in the kitchen having fun and speaking Tagalog and I was by myself.  I later found out when I was like 17 months in the mission that they weren't even speaking Tagalog, they were speaking Cebuano which is why I couldn't understand them haha, I just thought that I didn't speak Tagalog good.  Then finally Elder Arnejo and I talked and I found out why he was doing the things he was and we became best friends for the next couple weeks before the transfer.  We told this young elder that he should have that talk with his trainer as well and that everything would work out.  He was nervous and said that he was too scared to do it, but when we offered to talk to his companion about it, he quickly got the courage to try it himself haha.

Later in the night we got a text from him thanking us and saying that everything was ok now and that he was happy.  It was awesome and it made me think of your letter that you sent me my first p day in the field.  I felt like I was about to die and you told me to remember those times because they would help me help others.  You were right.

I love you dad, please finish the trans am , I believe in you

Elder Zesiger 


August 27, 2017

Ya I've known it for awhile I just haven't told you haha.  It is October 18.  The boat sounds fun, but I'm excited to snow board.  

This week was fun and we got to teach a lot of cool people.  One of the coolest's name was Diyosel.  She is just super prepared and so is her sister and they will go to church this next week.  I feel like Heavenly Father is blessing us more than ever, but I also feel like Satan is working his hardest on me as well, to discourage me and make me feel unworthy to be here.  I do feel like I am closer to Heavenly Father than ever though and He is guiding us in everything we do.

I got to speak at a funeral of our second counselor who just died.  He died of a heart problem and his wife has stage four cancer right now.  Right when I got here, we had an investigator that we used to teach at their house.  For about 3 months I used to go to their house about every other day.  I was texted that I would speak at it about 30 mins before the funeral started so I just got up and spoke by the spirit.  I cried at the end of my talk and the spirit was strong.  Before we left, the family came up and thanked me and it was one of the best experiences of my mission.

I love you Dad.

Elder Zesiger


Letters to Mom....

August 20, 2017

haha ha sounds awesome!  Coby's hair is crazy! hahaha  If I am right then he is going into 9th grade, if that is true, that's crazy too!  I can't believe everyone looks so different haha, this is the first picture I've gotten in awhile that I can see them good.  I think I look exactly the same haha.

We had a super fun week.  The Evangelista Family and brother JM were baptized on Saturday and it was awesome.  You had a part in JM's baptism.  We found him a while ago because of the umbrellas.  We had just gotten them and I wanted to get everyone's attention so I opened it inside the little restaurant that we were eating at.  JM saw it and came over and ate with us and he was just baptized!  So thanks, I'll send you a picture.

Most of our week was spent teaching at zone conferences.  We had a meeting everyday Monday-Friday.  We had pizza everyday too so within the week I had 16 slices of pizza, other than that I just ate rice and chicken so it wasn't a super healthy week.  We were worried that our area would've died since we were gone for so long and we have some really cool families that we are working with, but when we finally got back to our area we were surprised to find that everyone was doing great and that Heavenly Father had been helping them.   

I don't go back to the eye doctor until Sep 22.  You're talk was awesome, I printed it and wrote about it in my journal.

I lov eyou mom
Elder Zesiger



August 27, 2017


That's crazy!  Ya I can take him on a ton of adventures IN MY TRANS AM.  No, I did not have anxiety, I just had a love of sleep and an under appreciation of school.  

We had this cool experience teaching this girl named Coleen.  She is 20 and was holding her anak.  We asked her what was one time she remembers that Heavenly Father had answered her prayer and she said that about a year ago, her dad died when she was pregnant with no husband and her mom disowned her and kicked her out of the house.  We taught her the restoration and the spirit was there.  She wasn't too receptive, but I realized that I've been really blessed in my life and I am really grateful for you and dad always living the gospel.  Love you mom

Elder Zesiger


No comments:

Post a Comment