Thursday, August 24, 2017

The work is going awesome right now, actually better than it has my entire mission and I love it!

August 14, 2017

Letter to Dad...

The work is going awesome right now, actually better than it has my entire mission and I love it haha.  I think I'll stay here, there is only one more transfer.  But I feel like even though we get less time in the area sometimes, Heavenly Father makes up for it by leading us to the people who will accept our message.  

We had a pretty cool experience in the airport.  Our flight was supposed to be at 9am but it got canceled and we had to wait there until 4pm.  We couldn't drive back to the area because our car's licence plate can't drive on Tuesdays.  We felt prompted to talk to this one lady.  She was from Canada but is an active iglesia ni cristo over there.  I kept asking Heavenly Father in my head wondering if it was time for us to leave and go talk to someone else, but I kept feeling like we needed to stay.  We ended up talking to her for 2 hours.  After that, we went to a little restaurant and got some food.  We talked to the girl next to us and she happened to have a friend who is a member and has offered her a Book of Mormon before and she was wondering what it was.  As we were teaching her, another girl came over and listened and she had a ton of questions about life too.  Then a nanay came over and gave us bananas and candy and said that missionaries used to teach her too and that she wants them back because she has been reading her Book of Mormon.  After we taught about the first vision, one of the girls asked, why did feel so good as you shared that?  "because it's true." We said.  We gave them all stuff to read and they gave us their info for missionaries to go to their houses.

As I thought about it after, I realized that we would not have been in the restaurant at that time if had not obeyed the voice of the Spirit to talk to and keep talking to the uninteresting lady.  It was awesome.

I also ate a hammer head shark.

I love you dad
Elder Zesiger


Letter to Mom...

That's awesome!  Thanks for the pictures!  I am excited to read your talk later.  I scrolled down and saw my name in it, so you probably cried haha.  A lot of stuff happened this week for us.  We flew over to Palawan and had a zone conference.  Our flight ended up getting canceled and we were in the airport for about 10 hours but some awesome stuff happened, I'll email it to someone else so I don't run out of things to say.  We also ate some hammer head shark that the elders found at a market on the street, it was awesome!  I'll send some pictures later.  We made it into shark nuggets. haha

When I spoke in zone conference, I taught about faith and I shared the story about you praying in the hospital bathroom when dad had his stroke and how your faith kept our family together at that time.  I didn't cry.... but I was close.  It was a spiritual moment.  The next day, when we were back in Manila, we had to go to the airport and pick up President Fermanis and he told me that when he heard me tell the story, he thought of the sons of Helaman and how they doubted not that their mothers knew it.  He said he could feel that that is how I feel about you.  It was cool.  I love you mom.

Other than that, the Lord is blessing our area more than He has at any time in my whole mission and a lot of people are excited about the gospel and going to church:).

I love you mom,

Elder Zesiger

No comments:

Post a Comment