Monday, October 31, 2016

I'm a missionary for Halloween this year, we actually celebrate it everyday, and go trick or treating to everyone we see, but no one gives us candy.

Letter to Caden....He asked if they celebrate Halloween there and told him that he just got an iPhone 7.

We do! I'm a missionary for Halloween this year, we actually celebrate it everyday, and go trick or treating to everyone we see, but no one gives us candy.

I drew a witch in my planner.

Haha I don't even know what an iphone 7+ is haha, and by the way, what is an apple pen? or a pineapple pen? is that big in America?

I had a group of 17 year old girls attack me a couple of days ago and grab my nose!


Letter to Dad...

That's cool! Guess what, Elder Cortez was in the hospital for his nose, so I just sat there and talked to the nurse, Sister Turner for 5 hours and learned a ton of cool stuff!  She served among the Navajos and it is crazy how many of their legends line up with the gospel and Book of Mormon.  There is a tribe that lives above another tribe because of an ancient covenant where the one buried their weapons and the lower one promised to protect them!  It's awesome!
She also said that when she lived in California, Eddie Van Halen was best friends with her oldest son and when they were little, he and Alex would always come over to her house!

One of our progressing investigators told us a cool story this week.  She said that a while ago, she had a dream that she was in a large, beautiful room, wearing white.  She was also surrounded by many people also wearing white and singing hymns.  She said that she felt scared cuz she didn't know anyone in the room and she backed into a corner.  Then, a man came up to her and said "daughter, everything is going to be alright"  Then she woke up and prayed for a long time to know what the dream meant, then the next day, we showed up!  It was awesome! haha


Letter to Mom...

I am terrible at saving money right now, probably one of the worst in the mission haha, I have no emergency fund, so I made a goal this month to be really thrifty like Elder Fawson.  That will be cool, for the 5th ( I told him about the family party we have planned) , we have a couple baptisms scheduled for then too!  

I had one of the craziest things happen to me a couple of days ago.  Elder Cortez and I were sitting in a computer lab, preparing for the state coordination and all of the sudden this lady turned to me and started telling me stories of how she has been raped and many murderers and after her and how she has murdered many people all over the world, then she started naming all the books in the Book of Mormon but said that she was done with Jesus Christ cuz she had "suffered too much for him"  you'll have to remind me when I get home to tell you the whole story cuz it's crazy and I don't have time to type it all.

11 people went to church so that was awesome and a lot of people are progressing in this area, it's cool how Heavenly Father keeps sending them cuz for the last couple of years there always averaged just 2 or 3. I love you mom, you are the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment