Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Happy Father's Day!



Letter to Mom...
Pretending I'm on Palawan!
  It sounds like every one is doing awesome!  Thank you so much for raising me in the church.  As I translated for President Wolcott, the first councilor in the mission as he interviewed our investigator, he told us of how one of his sons has chosen another path and that it brings him and his wife so much grief.  I'm sorry if I ever brought you guys grief, but I would just like to thank you guys for preparing me to be here.  I am having experiences here everyday that I feel are changing the direction of my life forever and none of that would have happened if you wouldn't have done absolutely everything to get me here.  There are so many missionaries here that are the only members in their families and they come anyway, I'm not strong enough to do that, I can't even pack my own things, I think that is why Heavenly Father sent me to you guys!
I was so lazy before my mission, that is not an option anymore, I have a lot to accomplish and change in this world.  There are too many people living horrible lives here and working so hard for so little.
I love you guys!
 
Letter to Dad...
Happy Father's Day!  I heard that we have an apple tv now that's pretty sick!  Ya the experience with that investigator was actually pretty awesome.  Since the rules for baptism are pretty strict, if she wouldn't have gone to church yesterday, her baptism would have been a lot later, so I was kind of scared, I probably looked sad for Joy cuz I was just sitting there praying like crazy haha.  I was telling Heavenly Father that we had done all we could everyday for this investigator, and that right now we really needed His help to get her to church.  Then, she walked in!  So we have three baptisms on Saturday.
 
  I had a cool experience too with one of the other ones,  she had to be interviewed by President and I got to be the translator.  It was an amazing spiritual experience, we talked about the atonement and then he gave a prayer for her and I had to translate it word for word.  It was amazing and then after that he testified to her that she had been forgiven and it was like one of the strongest spiritual moments of my life.
​This is Raizo, he is getting baptized on Saturday
and he's a good artist!

I also had a cool experience with the Priesthood, which i just realized was the subject of your email last week .... that's pretty cool.  We were in an investigators house teaching them how to do family search and their internet wasn't working, so I felt to ask the investigator to say a prayer, so she did, and nothing happened.  I was confused.  Then I remembered President Monson's story in conference about the guy commanding the boat to save them with the priesthood, so I said in my mind.  In the name of Jesus Christ, and by the power of the Holy Melchezidic priesthood which I hold, I command the internet to work for the purpose of our investigators progression towards baptism.  Nothing happened again.  I was confused.  I thought "I'm worthy right?"  "I have faith right?"  "what the heck is going on the power of God is more powerful than the power of network connection right?"  "is it even real?"  It sounds kind of stupid but those were the thoughts that were going through my head.  Then I thought "I have seen the priesthood work before and I have felt its power, I know that it is true by the power of the Holy Ghost and my faith will not live or die based on evidence, I will believe."  Then right as I thought that, the internet worked, like immediately! Then right as we finished, we lost connection again.  It was sick.
 
What his wall looks like when they return home at night.  Those are cockroaches!!
I love this work and I know that it is true, I am studying like crazy the teachings of Joseph Smith and the more I learn the more I realize that I could not and don't want to be anywhere else but here right now. 

I love you dad!


Found a Maserati!


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment