Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Mother's Day

Letter to Dad...
Dad I was praying that you would say something cool in your email that could help me.  I have been super, super stressed this week since my interview with President.  It was really, really amazing.  He told me that he was counting on me and that he knew that I needed to be here to get this area back on track.  I told him that I have a problem about comparing myself to others and he told me that the secret to unhappiness is comparison and the secret to happiness is gratitude.  He told me that he is super grateful for me and he is amazed at how fast I can love the people and how fast they love me.  He told me that I don't get to see the other 200 missionaries, but he does and he is really grateful for me and that I am one of the ones in the mission that he is really counting on.
So this week I've been super stressed making sure my companion and I are 100 % obedient each day. It was stressing the crap out of me not knowing what to do or if I was doing the right thing.  I was praying last night that your email would have some answer and it did.  I need to have fun with him, I think that will make him more excited about the work and make me feel better too.
Also, just to prove that it was revelation, the song "I see both sides now" has been stuck in my head all week and I even wrote down some quotes from it like "you gotta walk through the darkness before you stand in the light" .  and then you said red rocker hahaha
AWESOME!!!!!!!!!
 
 
Letter to Mom...
 
I go to the eye appointment tomorrow after our skype.  I'm feeling good now hahah.  Sounds like Costa Rica was awesome! sounds like Palawan haha.  I don't think my life is like that right now.  Imagine you are in Salt Lake City, but there is garbage everywhere, and everyone is smoking, and every single person is always staring at you like you are an alien or a rock star.  It's pretty cool haha (but Palawan is cooler)   My interview with President was awesome and it made me feel special, but it kinda scared me cuz in about the middle he started telling me about his mission and how he served in the office for like 9 months and how it was really, really hard, and it made him cry.  I don't want to go to the office.  He also said something really cool though, that he is praying for and counting on to save this area.

I love cereal and mac n cheese, send me just food and jerky and food and stuff, I love you guys:)  

No comments:

Post a Comment