Monday, February 20, 2017

Next Monday, I'll be in Palawan!

Letter to Mom....

I can't send pictures that easy because I'm on all clean computers now, but my camera might have a virus from using it outside a lot, but I'll try one day... but thanks for all your pictures! hahaha.

Keep Jesse healthy and alive, that's your job.  (I told him how our dog Jesse has gone a little senile and is super annoying!) 

Here is a cool story for you.  President told us to choose something to present to the mission this Monday for zone conference and we've been trying to use Family Home Evenings as a finding tool.  We just knock and then walk in and have one and boom! We have a new family to teach!  It has been working awesome, but one of them was extra special.

It was the first day that we were trying it and we knocked on a random door.  A young mom answered and before we could say anything, her two year old son ran outside, got behind us and pushed us in the house.  Her husband arrived a few minutes later and we taught them.  It was good but the real miracle happened in our next visit.  This time only the wife was there and we taught her the restoration.  As we got to the apostacy, she started crying and told us how she has searched and searched in all the churches that she knew about for the truth, but she never has seemed to find it.  She told us of how one night she was asking Heavenly Father where she should be and which church she should join and she felt a really warm feeling in her heart.  She said that she has been searching to feel that again and hadn't felt it until we did the family home evening at her house.  We extended baptism and she was like "YES!!!"  haha it was cool.  Keep praying for the area, I love you mom sorry my email is at weird times now haha.

Elder Zesiger


Letter to Dad...

Yesterday I drove around the mission for 6.5 hours getting mattresses (I'm assuming for the missionaries that are coming over from the island Palawan.) from all the houses before Elder Bednar comes.  It is pretty crazy to drive in the Philippines.  The rules are a lot different, I actually got pulled over but they let me go haha.

There was another pretty cool experience that happened with the Priesthood this last week.  We found this little old lady that lives with her husband and her son in their broken down tricycle on the side of the street.  She is blind and her leg had some crazy arthritis thing that made it impossible for her to walk with out a cane.  We taught her a little bit and found out that her faith in Christ was super strong and that if she could go to church, she would.  So, we gave her a blessing and told her that if she would promise to go to church, then her leg would be healed.  After the blessing, we told her that in the morning, before we came to get her, she would have to walk down to a post, without her cane to practice and she said she would.  

That night apparently she had a dream, she was watching herself like third person and she saw herself coming out of our church building with no cane.  Her leg didn't hurt in the dream, so she walked all the way home.  That morning, her leg didn't hurt as much, but it was really sad because when we went to go get her, she wouldn't come because her son's wife who was supposed to come with her didn't show up, so she said that she will come next week, but she is really cool.

I don't think that I will get to spend any time with Elder Bednar, it sounds like he will have pretty strong security around him all the time, but I'm still super excited.  Next Monday, I'll be in Palawan!  

I've got another cool miracle for mom that I'll send, the Lord is really blessing our area with a lot of new investigators, thanks for you prayers.  I love you!

Elder Zesiger

No comments:

Post a Comment