Thursday, July 6, 2017

Geralyn got baptized!



Letters to Dad...


July 2, 2017

Ya i'm super grateful to him (his mission president is going home).  I just had a mock going home interview with him yesterday and it was amazing.  He gave me a lot of cool advice and I wrote it all down.  Geralyn got baptized!  It was a total miracle and there were some funny little other miracles that made it perfect too.  After she was baptized, on the day of the confirmation, we felt like we needed to drop by her house before church.  She is always there, but we just felt like we needed to make sure, so we did and we found her asleep!  She had set her alarm but it didn't go off! haha she had 20 mins to get ready and be there.  As sacrament was about to start, she still wasn't there.  The area presidency also made a new rule that the confirmation doesn't have to be at the start of the meeting, it could be at the middle or the end, but the bishop didn't know that.  As the sacrament was about to start, I mouthed over to the first councilors wife and told her to text her husband to have it after the sacrament and she just smiled at me and mouthed back that it was against the rules.  It made me a little mad haha because we would have to wait until next week.  Elder Fiesta and I started to pray for the Spirit to somehow let Bishop know the new rule.  As the sacrament song began, Geralyn walked in with soaking wet hair.  We prayed harder and could see Bishop and his councilors talking in the front.  At the end of the sacrament, he came down and asked me what to do.  I told him the rule and Geralyn was confirmed! haha it was cool.


We also got to go over and speak at a stake meeting in Pasay.  I spoke about missionary work and used some of your Wilford Woodruff stuff.  Those stories are awesome!

That is so cool about Jack, Landon, and Andrew!  I love those guys.  I love my mission.  Thanks for being an awesome parent and an amazing example to me.  I am excited about the future, but I love the present too haha.  We are seeing a lot of miracles and the more I see, the more I realize that I do nothing really, but every baptism and every miracle always comes from Heavenly Father's help, after we've done every thing we can and know how to do.  I'll attach my talk if you want to read it.

I love you dad
Elder Zesiger


Letter to Mom...

June 25, 2017

Hey mom!  Thanks this is an awesome email!  I'm super glad that I came on my mission, before my mission I had never seen the difference in blessings between being committed to the gospel or not.  I kind of saw it in our family members, but I never really understood it for myself.  

Geralyn's wedding
I really wish that I would have read the scriptures more before my mission.  Not as much to better prepare me to serve, but it would have helped me a lot more just with life.  I love the gospel now and I can't imagine living life without it.  

One cool thing that happened this week was with this new family we are teaching.  They are the Evangelista family.  They live in a little alley in a little 5ft by 5ft house.  We are teaching them as a whole family and on Sunday they all came to church!  There is Romi, the dad, Tess, the mom, then their two daughters Donna and Divine.  It was awesome!  We had a good amount of other people come too which was a miracle because one of our biggest work days was spent picking up President from the airport and sitting in the traffic for 6 hours!

Things are going great though, Geralyn is going to be baptized on Saturday, we are just pushing to get them married before then and everything is good.  The coolest thing that happened the whole week though was bringing sister Aileen to talk with President yesterday, I was the translator.  

For the package, I just love sour brite eggs and jalapeno cheetos, and gummy sour candies, and birthday stuff and another journal and chicken ramen, mac n cheese, clam chowder, other stuff I like, oh! jelly bellys!

For Elder Fiesta he wants a journal!

haha I love you so much mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment