Thursday, September 15, 2016

I love being a missionary so much, and all of the pain that I had to endure at the beginning was all worth it for how I feel now.

Letter to Mom... 
Ya my shoes are size ten, they have holes in the bottom haha, but my brown ones are still like brand new.  I bought some rubber shoes, but Elder Gibson accidentally took them to Palawan, so they're gone haha.  I got some packages with Oreos and cinnamon toast crunch and grandmas temple one! Thanks they're awesome and everyone in the mission envies me.  During zone conference  I learned a lot about gratitude and I noticed that everyone that I think is really cool, has gratitude as one of their main attributes, so I'm going to build myself into a grateful person.  President also stopped us and congratulated us for having one of the most on fire areas in the mission.  It was cool since it was dead before.  
One funny thing that happened was in sacrament meeting. I was assigned to give the benediction, but I am still in the habit of writing down my blessings in my planner like you said , so I was doing that and then I got distracted and just started drawing Def Leopard and Van Halen logos and all of the sudden, I noticed that everyone was silent.  I was like, "whats going on?"  Then I heard the sister missionaries like "Elder Zesiger!"  I was like "oh crap!"  Then I went up and said the prayer hahaha, but it was a good prayer.

The baptism went well, I'll send pictures.  One of the coolest things is that they were both fathers that we had already baptized their families, but they were both over coming a cigarette addiction, we got them both married too haha.  We have another wedding on the 24th, thanks to Sister Joy, I can plan weddings now, so my wife is lucky.  

We had MTC exchanges and I took out 2 new elders and that was really fun.

I love you mom you are the best mom ever and I owe you a lot, I'll send you pictures:)

Elder Zesiger


We had a great week here.  I had a super cool experience while sitting in sacrament yesterday.  In the scriptures, Ammon rejoices when he sees his converts and the love that they have for one another.  As I watched our investigator, Eunice who will be baptized this Saturday, help our investigator, Roberto who will be baptized on the 1st, know where to sit and explain to him what was going on at church, I felt that feeling.  She is also paying a large portion of his wedding costs, just so that he can get baptized and experience the joy that she herself hasn't even fully experienced yet.  I felt it as I watched Raizo and John Ralph pass the sacrament together, to me, and to their families, and to their friends who are not yet baptized but soon will be passing with them.  I have felt it as the Maglaque family faithfully pays their tithing even though they don't know where their next pay check will come from.  I've felt it as I see Lito, going to church and having fun reading and sharing from the Book of Mormon.  I've felt it as the Totanez family offers to wash our clothes and give us gifts and always let me borrow their umbrella when I'm too forgetful to bring mine haha, even though they don't have much to spare either.  I love being a missionary so much, and all of the pain that I had to endure at the beginning was all worth it for how I feel now.



I love you dad, I love my mission, I am so grateful for all that I have :) and will have (trans am)! haha 






 (Elder Zesiger's dad told him he'd finish restoring his 1976 Trans Am while he is on his mission)



No comments:

Post a Comment